V-Ray SP1 for 3ds Max Out Now with New VRayInstancer
NEW 3Ds Max V-Ray 3.1 Update Out Now!
Chaos Group has released a 3Ds Max V-Ray 3.1 Update. The update includes important bug fixes and introduces some new features and improvements:
- New VRayInstancer geometric plugin for instancing objects using ParticleFlow systems (See video below)
- Added support for OpenSubdiv objects in Alembic files
- A number of V-Ray Frame Buffer improvements
- Updated to Embree 2.3; Embree can now accelerate V-Ray Proxy objects, instances and Hair Farm / Ornatrix hair and fur.
- Fixed 3ds Max 2015 SP3/Extension2 crash on remote hosts with Distributed Rendering
- V-Ray RT GPU now supports VRayDirt
- V-Ray RT GPU supports VertexColor texture
- VRayMetaball supports Maxscript vertex color source
- VRayProxy disables Force first map channel option by default
- .vrmesh viewer adds a slider to control point size of particles
- .vrmesh viewer enables OpenGL point smoothing when point size is greater than 1.0
3Ds Max V-Ray 3.1 Update is available for immediate download. Click here to grab the update.
Check out these videos highlighting some changes in the new 3Ds Max V-Ray 3.1 Update.
Here is a tutorial video for the new VRayInstancer features, which has proven to be QUITE handy.
Thank you checking us out and be sure to see V-Ray 3.1 for 3Ds Max for yourself on our website vray.us.