V-Ray SP2 for 3ds Max is VR Ready!
V-Ray SP2 for 3ds Max is here and it’s ready for VR!
Chaos Group has released Service Pack 2 or 3.2 of V-Ray for 3ds Max. This new update is compatible with 3ds Max 2016 and comes with lots of new features, including support for Virtual Reality or VR.
So what’s new in V-Ray 3.2 for 3ds Max?
Here are some new features and improvements:
VR Cameras – The two new VR camera types will render stereo cube maps and spherical stereo images. This allows artists and designers to output V-Ray scenes to popular VR formats like Oculus Rift and Samsung Gear VR.
V-Ray RT GPU improvements – Among the new features and speed improvements is QMC sampling. Licensed from NVIDIA, QMC sampling provides overall speed improvements and resolves noise quicker when using CUDA.
Additionally, V-Ray RT GPU now supports:
• Anisotropic highlights
• Composite map
• Output curves
• Texture baking
• UDIM support (MARI)
• New V-Ray Volume Grid adds support for OpenVDB, Field3D, and Phoenix FD volume grid formats. This allows users to import and render data from popular effects applications like Houdini and FumeFX.
• Add or remove distributed rendering nodes on the fly
• Refined Light Cache algorithm removes light leaks and improves animation
• New preview types for proxy objects – includes mesh simplification for optimized proxy display
• Faster rendering of hair and fur
• Intel Embree support for 3ds Max Hair & Fur and V-Ray Fur
3ds Max 2016
• Full support for new Physical Camera – co-developed with 3ds Max team
• Support for new Physical Camera Exposure Control
• V-Ray Lens Analysis Utility adds support for the 3ds Max Physical Camera
We have V-Ray 3.2 for 3ds Max ready for right now! Click here to see our product page. Thanks!