Warning: Last items in stock!
Built to meet the creative demands of CG artists and modern production pipelines, V-Ray 3.0 for Maya is a complete suite of physically-based lighting, shading, and rendering tools tightly integrated into Maya from Autodesk.
V-Ray 3.0 focuses on artist productivity and delivers a powerful new set of features and improvements to speed up lighting, look development and rendering workflows.
New V-Ray Denoiser
Removes noise automatically, cutting your render times by up to 50% with GPU acceleration. V-Ray’s denoising technology is non-destructive, giving you the original render and the denoised version for even more control in post. Denoising can be used progressively while rendering or after rendering, with support for animation and enhanced blending between frames with the standalone denoiser tool.
Works with Maya 2016 Extension 2
• V-Ray 3.4 now supports the new render layers and motion graphics tools in Maya 2016 Extension 2.
GPU rendering improvements
• Procedural textures supported by V-Ray RT GPU can now be used as bump maps.
• Control the color of atmospheric haze.
Faster Global Illumination
• V-Ray Light Cache calculations are up to 15% faster.
• New support for VRayMultiSubtex.
V-Ray RT improvements
• Update render regions on the fly – without restarting the render.
Faster Ray Tracing and Rendering Performance - V-Ray 3.0 includes a number of overall speedups, and the new optimized ray tracing core performs significantly faster.
Faster Feedback - The new Progressive Image Sampler delivers instant feedback to artists and makes lighting and look development quicker and more intuitive.
More Powerful V-Ray RT - New in V-Ray 3.0, V-Ray RT renders directly in the Maya viewport and supports final frame rendering and animated sequences.
Advanced Characters and Creatures - Improvements to character and creature workflows include optimizedHair and Fur, improved Subsurface Scattering and a new VRaySkinMtl shader.
Color Accurate Workflows - An improved V-Ray Frame Buffer adds Lens Effects and advanced color corrections for White Balance, Contrast, Hue, Saturation and Color Balance. The VFB is now dockable and supports LUTs, ICC, and OpenColorIO color management profiles.
Volume Rendering - V-Ray 3.0 includes optimized Phoenix FD volume shaders to render all types of volumetric effects including fluids, fire, smoke and heat haze. OpenVDB grids and Field3D voxel data can be imported and rendered as surfaces or volumes using the new VRayVolumeGrid node.
Production-Focused Tools - V-Ray 3.0 is designed to give artists more control and flexibility. New time-saving tools include Max Ray Intensity to clamp secondary rays, Probabilistic Light
Sampling which determines optimized sampling based on lighting contributions, and Render Mask to specify exact render regions using an object selection or image mask.
Pipeline Compatibility and Support for Open Standards
• Alembic 1.5 for data interchange
• GLSL for OpenGL shaders
• OpenColorIO for accurate color management
• OpenEXR 2.2 and Deep Images
• OpenSubdiv including support for creases
• OpenVDB and Field3D for volumes
• OSL for programmable shaders
• Ptex for UV-less workflows
• UDIM and UVTILE for advanced texture workflows