- On sale!
V-Ray Max Student/Teacher License
V-Ray for 3ds Now Available. V-Ray for Max allows users to quickly and easily create photorealistic images with full control over the 3D production process. Student must provide proof of academic status.
Includes one Workstation license plus one render node license. Online licensing, One year term student license.
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Academic Licenses - 1 Year Term
Options available for Students or Teachers to receive V-Ray for a full year at a discounted price. V-Ray for 3ds Max is a complete lighting and shading solution that can be flawlessly integrated in every 3D artist and designer’s workflow. The flagship rendering software has set the industry standard for speed, reliability, ease of use and render quality. Even Hollywood has acknowledged how important V-Ray is: Creator Vladimir Koylazov was honored with an Academy Award in 2017. This bundle is exclusive for students, take advantage of this deal to save money and harness the power of V-Ray. Proof of academic position required at purchase.
V-Ray Next is now available with support for 3ds Max 2019. Additionally V-Ray is integrated with Chaos Group's Hybrid Rendering Technology so you can harness your computers full power and render on NVIDIA CUDA GPUs, CPUs- or a combination of both.
Full Light Select Render Element – Render individual lights or groups of lights as separate render elements, with full support for global illumination, reflections and refractions for accurate light mixing in post
Cryptomatte – Automatically generate ID mattes with support for transparency, depth of field and motion blur. This will speed up workflows for compositors working in NUKE or Fusion
NVIDIA NVLink – Supports shared GPU memory across NVLink compatible graphics cards
What it’s used for:
- Architectural visualization
- Automotive and product design
- Industrial design
- Game cinematics
- Visual effects in film and television
- Virtual reality
- Render quality: Highest quality photorealistic images.
- Adaptive Lights: New algorithm dramatically speeds up rendering on scenes with many lights.
- Speed: Harnesses the power of both CPU and GPU.
- Cross-industry adoption: V-Ray for 3ds Max is used by architectural visualization studios, product designers and visual effects companies around the world to create photoreal imagery and animation
- Ease of use: V-Ray runs straight out of the box with just a few clicks.
- Full control: Three modes of GUI geared towards different types of users, from quick and easy set-up to full range of under the hood tweaks.
- Versatile: An all in one solution suitable for many industries.
- Flexibility: A universal renderer. Almost every studio has a V-Ray integrated pipeline.
- Technical support and community: Free technical support and knowledge resources, that goes far beyond installations and set-up. Chaos Group is famous for its quick response times and large community user base.
What pain-point or problem does V-Ray for 3ds Max solve?
- Quality renders with a high level of efficiency: V-Ray for 3ds Max provides extraordinary photorealistic renders quickly and easily. With just two sliders users have complete control over the quality or speed of their renders.
- Streamlined pipeline across different platforms: Most studios already have a V-Ray integrated pipeline. With the wide range platforms that V-Ray supports, it’s easy to merge assets or exchange projects for material coordination and consistency across platforms. For example, users can share materials or render geometry from V-Ray for Rhino to V-Ray for 3ds Max, or vice-versa. With the V-Ray scene manager it is possible to share a whole scene between V-Ray for 3ds Max or NUKE.
Interface with other V-Ray products
- V-Ray for 3ds Max can further enhance the Rhino or SketchUp workflow with the addition of V-Ray for Rhino or SketchUp
- Fluid, fire and smoke simulations can be added with Phoenix for 3ds Max
- More lighting and shading options can be added during the compositing stage by using V-Ray for NUKE
- Professional image sequencing can be added with PdPlayer
- V-Ray for 3ds Max supports VRScans which allows for the most physically accurate materials to be used
- V-Ray supports numerous tools and provides optimized support for 3rd party plugins including NoZone, HairFarm and many more
Chaos Group now offers 2 licensing options: Dongle Licensing and Online Licensing.
With online licensing there is no wait to receive a physical dongle, and licenses can be activated in real-time once an order is processed. Online licensing is fast and secure, and your customers will be able to access their new software much faster – without the back and forth of WBC and RTU files.
Please note that for now online licensing is available only for purchases of new licenses.
V-Ray IPR - Fully interactive production rendering.
Resumable Rendering - Stop your render at any point and pick up where you left off.
AlSurface material - Anders Langlands' popular alSurface material w/built-in SSS.
V-Ray GPU resolution - Adjust ActiveShade resolution on-the-fly while rendering.
V-Ray 3.6 for 3ds Max is a free update for all V-Ray 3.0 customers. Login at chaosgroup.com to download.
Did you know?
V-Ray for 3ds Max allows for distributed rendering making it possible to render on multiple computers working in parallel. This makes rendering faster and more cost efficient. By purchasing a render node (instead of being obliged to purchase an entirely new floating license) the cost of rendering becomes 4x less expensive compared with a major competitor.
- The new Progressive Production Renderer is built on the same path tracing technology as V-Ray RT and it is a simple, intuitive solution for any scene. The Progressive Renderer is compatible with all V-Ray production features, including Irradiance, Light Cache, SSS, Render Elements, etc.
- Quick Settings provide artists with production-ready presets and simple rendering quality controls all within a single compact interface.
- Render Mask uses an object selection, include/ exclude list, or texture map to control the exact pixels to be rendered.
- V-Ray 3.0 introduces faster hair rendering speeds (up to 15x) and view-dependent tessellation that automatically smoothes hair curves.
Ray Traced SSS
- Improved Subsurface Scattering is offered, including options for object-based and ray traced illumination.
Max Ray Intensity
- Max Ray Intensity clamps secondary rays to remove noise generated by very bright sources. This removes artifacts while retaining dynamic range.
- VRmats (formerly Vismats) are universal V-Ray Shaders for use across multiple applications. For example a VRmat material may be created in V-Ray for 3ds Max and transferred directly to V-Ray for Maya.