V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Perpetual
Introducing the next generation of rendering. Welcome V-Ray Next for 3ds Max. V-Ray Next for 3ds Max is smarter, faster and more powerful than ever before.
V-Ray Next Scene Intelligence delivers faster ray tracing, cleaner sampling, and more accurate rendering. That means you work smarter — not harder — by automating steps that used to take up valuable time.
Perpetual Workstation Options
Perpetual Workstation License
Includes 1 Graphic User Interface (GUI) and 1 V-Ray Render Node.
Workstation + 5 Render Node Licenses
Includes 1 Basic Workstation License and 5 additional Render Nodes. Render on up to 6 of your machines.
Workstation + 10 Render Node Licenses
Includes 1 Basic Workstation License and 10 additional Render Nodes. Render on up to 11 of your machines.
**Users who purchased a V-Ray 3 Workstation for 3ds Max after December 13th, 2017 are eligible for a free upgrade of their Workstation(GUI) license to the new release, V-Ray Next for 3ds Max. (excluding any V-Ray Render node licenses). Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your free upgrade request. Requests must be received by December 1, 2018, to claim the free upgrade.
Autodesk 3ds Max 2019 support included.
Full Light Select Render Element – Render individual lights or groups of lights as separate render elements, with full support for global illumination, reflections and refractions for accurate light mixing in post
Cryptomatte – Automatically generate ID mattes with support for transparency, depth of field and motion blur. This will speed up workflows for compositors working in NUKE or Fusion
NVIDIA NVLink – Supports shared GPU memory across NVLink compatible graphics cards
What it’s used for:
- Architectural visualization
- Automotive and product design
- Industrial design
- Game cinematics
- Visual effects in film and television
- Virtual reality
- Render Quality: Highest quality photorealistic images.
- Adaptive Lights: New algorithm dramatically speeds up rendering on scenes with many lights.
- Speed: Harnesses the power of both Vray CPU and GPU.
- Cross-industry adoption: V-Ray for 3ds Max is used by architectural visualization studios, product designers and visual effects companies around the world to create photoreal imagery and animation
- Ease of use: V-Ray runs straight out of the box with just a few clicks.
- Full control: Three modes of GUI geared towards different types of users, from quick and easy set-up to full range of under the hood tweaks.
- Versatile: An all in one solution suitable for many industries.
- Flexibility: A universal renderer. Almost every studio has a V-Ray integrated pipeline.
- Technical support and community: Free technical support and knowledge resources, that goes far beyond installations and set-up. Chaos Group is famous for its quick response times and large community user base.
What pain-point or problem does V-Ray for 3ds Max solve?
- Quality renders with a high level of efficiency: V-Ray for 3ds Max provides extraordinary photorealistic renders quickly and easily. With just two sliders users have complete control over the quality or speed of their renders.
- Streamlined pipeline across different platforms: Most studios already have a V-Ray integrated pipeline. With the wide range platforms that V-Ray supports, it’s easy to merge assets or exchange projects for material coordination and consistency across platforms. For example, users can share materials or render geometry from V-Ray for Rhino to V-Ray for 3ds Max, or vice-versa. With the V-Ray scene manager it is possible to share a whole scene between V-Ray for 3ds Max or NUKE.
Interface with other V-Ray products
- V-Ray for 3ds Max can further enhance the Rhino or SketchUp workflow with the addition of V-Ray for Rhino or SketchUp
- Fluid, fire and smoke simulations can be added with Phoenix for 3ds Max
- More lighting and shading options can be added during the compositing stage by using V-Ray for NUKE
- Professional image sequencing can be added with PdPlayer
- V-Ray for 3ds Max supports VRScans which allows for the most physically accurate materials to be used
- V-Ray supports numerous tools and provides optimized support for 3rd party plugins including NoZone, HairFarm and many more
Chaos Group now offers Online Licensing. No dongle required.
With online licensing, there is no wait to receive a physical dongle, and licenses can be activated in real-time once an order is processed. Online licensing is fast and secure, and your customers will be able to access their new software much faster – without the back and forth of WBC and RTU files.
POWERFUL SCENE INTELLIGENCE
V-Ray Scene Intelligence analyzes your scene to optimize rendering. You automatically get the best quality in less time. V-Ray Next introduces two new features powered by scene intelligence — Adaptive Dome Light and Automatic Camera Exposure
ADAPTIVE DOME LIGHT
The new Adaptive Dome Light delivers faster, cleaner and more accurate image-based environment lighting. It’s extra fast at rendering interiors and removes the need for skylight
POINT & SHOOT CAMERA
The V-Ray Physical Camera returns with a streamlined UI and scene intelligence for Auto Exposure & Auto White Balance. Perfect renders are now as easy as taking a snapshot.
2X FASTER GPU RENDERING
Built on a new multi kernel rendering architecture, V-Ray GPU is twice as fast. And with support for more of your favorite V-Ray tools, it’s ready to speed through your high-end production scenes.
GPU VOLUME RENDERING
V-Ray GPU now supports volumetric effects like smoke, fire, and fog. Render OpenVDB, Field3D and Phoenix FD volume caches at blazing speeds
NVIDIA AI DENOISER
Instantly remove noise while rendering with IPR. Based on AI-accelerated technology from NVIDIA, interactive denoising works exceptionally well for previews — even with only a few samples.
Accurately measure the light levels in your scene. Render false color heat maps and light value overlays with new lighting analysis tools.
PHYSICAL HAIR MATERIAL
Render more realistic-looking hair with accurate highlights using the new V-Ray Physical Hair Material. Melanin controls make it easy to select any hair color — from blonde to brunette, to redhead. And for more rebellious punk rock looks there are hair dye colors too.
V-RAY SWITCH MATERIAL
Now with a single V-Ray Switch Material, you can apply several materials to the same object. And then switch to the one you want at render time. It’s perfect for rendering material options, adding random variations, and creating extra passes for compositing.
V-RAY PLUGIN MATERIAL & TEXTURE
Load any texture or material that’s available in V-Ray Standalone and render it in V-Ray Next for 3ds Max. Using the new V-Ray Plugin Texture and V-Ray Plugin Material, you can use any V-Ray procedural texture or even create PBR materials for Unity and Unreal.
DENOISED RENDER ELEMENTS
For more control in compositing, you can now denoise individual render elements and recompose them back to the denoised beauty pass. And it works with the standalone denoiser for animation.
The V-Ray Material adds support for PBR shaders with new Metalness reflection controls.
V-Ray 3.6 for 3ds Max is a free update for all V-Ray 3.0 customers. Login at chaosgroup.com to download.
Did you know?
V-Ray for 3ds Max allows for distributed rendering making it possible to render on multiple computers working in parallel. This makes rendering faster and more cost-efficient. By purchasing a render node (instead of being obliged to purchase an entirely new floating license) the cost of rendering becomes 4x less expensive compared with a major competitor.